(10)

• "bucky699" started this thread

Activitypoints: 0

Date of registration: Jan 1st 2010

Reputation modifier: 3

Level: 13 [?]

Experience: 3,583

Next Level: 4,033

member since 48 month member since 48 month member since 48 month member since 48 month

Friday, January 1st 2010, 10:48pm

No 3D Capable Card Error

Ok hi new to the new version of lancers reactor, didnt realise it was back up. I'm a regular on the Freeworlds mod for FL though i havnt played in a long time due to work and losing my FL CD. I recently was able to grab a new copy and put it on, now the thing i think thats busting it is that i got a new computer, I7-920 with a ASUS 5850 graphics card running on windoes 7 64bit. Now when i try to play freelancer i get the fatal error that says "no 3D graphics card detected, try rbooting, you may have to reinstall."

I have tried absolutly everything, i cannot get this to work, as this is a community filled with FL users i figured i'd ask here if anyone else encountered this problem and if so how did you fix it. If absolute worst comes to worst i can build an older computer out of spare parts to play FL but i'd have to have to have 2 comps running just to play FL when i have this nice shiney expensive monster at my disposal.

Heres a list of everything i've tired:
everything listed on the microsoft support page including: checking if DirectX is uptodate, and that Direct 3D is enable, my drivers are up to date for my card, hell i've even tried rolling them back a couple versions.
I've tried disabling my card and re-enabling after a reboot.
I've tried re-installling the game more times then i can count, trying both patched 1.1 and unpatched versions.
I found a configfile that adds more cards to the supported list, tried it no joy.
i've tried run as admin, plus countless other compatability modes

I'm starting to get very annoyed at this stupid problem. So if anyone could please help me get my FL working i'd be extremely greatfull

Forsaken

Apprentice

(10)

Activitypoints: 15

Date of registration: Jun 10th 2008

Reputation modifier: 5

Level: 30 [?]

Experience: 288,079

Next Level: 300,073

member since 72 month member since 72 month member since 72 month member since 72 month member since 72 month member since 72 month

Saturday, January 2nd 2010, 5:18am

Re: No 3D Capable Card Error

Thats a pretty bad ass video card. :P

Try the FL Hardware update patch. If that don't work... I don't have a clue what will. :(
Signature from »Forsaken« Screenshots of my mod
www.moddb.com/mods/shattered-worlds
Mod Website
http://www.freelancer-swwt.com/Forum/index.php

bucky699

Apprentice

(10)

• "bucky699" started this thread

Date of registration: Jan 1st 2010

Level: 13 [?]

Experience: 3,583

Next Level: 4,033

member since 48 month member since 48 month member since 48 month member since 48 month

Saturday, January 2nd 2010, 10:35pm

i already tried that, unfortunatly it dosnt include my card so i still get the same error. I'm trying to get in touch with the guys who wrote and posted it to see about manually adding driver support for my card, but i just cant get ahold of em.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

I think at this rate i'll just build myself a smaller less befier computer, i have a few uses for one so it wont be a waste to build one just for FL, could use it as a download box aswell. Its just a pain in the ass to have to resort to that just to play my beloved FL

NeeAnderTall

Apprentice

(10)

Date of registration: Dec 7th 2009

Level: 16 [?]

Experience: 9,084

Next Level: 10,000

member since 60 month member since 60 month member since 60 month member since 60 month member since 60 month

Wednesday, June 30th 2010, 8:43am

I ran into the same error and pursued a similar path of troubleshooting what was a functioning game until I added the patch, sdk kit, and had to reinstall.

Here was my fix: Delete your old save game files. The game needs to generate a new ID# for you with each install, and if it conflicts with the saved game files in your Documents/My Games/Freelancer folder then the game will quit to desktop.

Just make sure that folder is empty of saved game files when you first start a new install of the game.

Good Luck.

StarTrader

Apprentice

(10)

Date of registration: Jun 5th 2009

Reputation modifier: 4

Level: 25 [?]

Experience: 88,057

Next Level: 100,000

member since 60 month member since 60 month member since 60 month member since 60 month member since 60 month

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 12:25pm

Just for the record, you can add your graphics card to the Freelancer graphics card database as follows:-

http://forums.seriouszone.com/showthread.php?59981

But there is no guarantee that this will fix the "3D Accelerator not found" problem though.

But it's worth a shot.
Signature from »StarTrader« Roleplay - the Art of Self-Deceipt!
RRJDS Guild - www.rrjds.com - The Prophecy Mod

StarTrader

Apprentice

(10)

Date of registration: Jun 5th 2009

Reputation modifier: 4

Level: 25 [?]

Experience: 88,057

Next Level: 100,000

Friday, January 21st 2011, 11:50am

Signature from »StarTrader« Roleplay - the Art of Self-Deceipt!
RRJDS Guild - www.rrjds.com - The Prophecy Mod

SWAT_OP-R8R

Administrator

(12)

• "SWAT_OP-R8R" is male
  • Germany

Activitypoints: 2,700

Date of registration: Oct 15th 2010

Reputation modifier: 12

Level: 41 [?]

Experience: 2,274,555

Next Level: 2,530,022

Friday, January 21st 2011, 12:23pm

october 10?
Signature from »SWAT_OP-R8R«

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.
Only dead fish swim with the stream.
Diplomacy is the art of saying, "Nice doggie" while picking up a rock.

Social bookmarks

Legend:

Forum contains no new posts
Forum contains new posts
Forum is closed
Forum is an external link